After providing Skype for Business SIP Trunk solutions to 300+ Companies across the world we’re hard pressed to think of a SIP Trunk configuration challenge that we haven’t encountered. Each individual configuration throws up its own unique set of circumstances – from the straight forward to the more complicated and challenging – but within each one there is also a number of requirements that can be carried out before a SIP Trunk implementation takes place.
If you’re contemplating whether to upgrade your existing telephony to Skype for Business so that you can lower your annual spend on telephony and reap the rewards of all the additional features Skype for Business provides, then it makes good business sense to prepare for an installation so that when the time to configure your network comes around – you’re Skype for Business ready!
FAQs when preparing a Skype for Business Configuration
- Do I need a separate piece of equipment/hardware (for example a gateway or session border controller)?
With our solution no additional hardware is required.
- Can you connect straight to the Skype for Business server?
Yes we can. All that is needed is to configure the Skype for Business meditation server.
- Can you have a SIP Trunk over the public Internet or do you need a new Internet connection?
Our SIP Trunk can be deployed over your existing Internet connection. If security over the public Internet concerns you, we can enable secure SIP over the public Internet meaning that all your voice calls are encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- I have a firewall, how will this impact the configuration?
For a SIP Trunk configuration to run smoothly, you need to make sure that whoever manages your firewall is aware of your plan and that they are available for support from the very beginning. In the first stage of configuration this typically involves three parties:
- Your chosen SIP Trunk provider
- Your IT support – either internally or via a third party IT company
- Whoever manages the firewall – either internally or via a third party IT company
Having all these representatives talking to each other from the very beginning will make the SIP trunk installation much easier.